Adverb(1) in the area or vicinity(2) by a circular or circuitous route(3) used of movement to or among many different places or in no particular direction, or about(4) in a circle or circular motion(5) (of quantities(6) in or to a reversed position or direction(7) to a particular destination either specified or understood(8) all around or on all sides, or about(9) in circumference(10) from beginning to end; throughout
(1) A scheduled tour around the county was organised prior to the elderly guest's visit.(2) The bus will also serve Kirkwall, doing a route around the town between each trip to Stromness.(3) I'll be around shortly(4) He went in at the Hyde Park Corner gate and manoeuvred around the carriages and riders.(5) he walked around the airfield(6) his life revolves around drinking(7) she was messing around with a computer(8) They where commenting on how much more the area around had become very shabby.(9) She turned around and pointed in the direction of what looked like a little office.(10) I really had to resist the urge to loop an arm around his waist and rest my head on his chest.(11) around the corner(12) I'll be around for a while(13) Lucas was adamant about having a nice, reliable car for us to drive the baby around in.(14) she took a look around the place(15) Now it is done in a centrifuge, which whirls the milk around rapidly in a circular vessel.(16) She felt an arm around her shoulder and she leaned on him as they walked to her class.
(1) around the world :: dunyo bo'ylab
(2) hang around :: atrofga sayr etish
(3) look around :: atrofida qarash
(4) get around :: atrofida olish
(5) walk around :: sayr qilmoq, atrofda aylanmoq
(6) fool around :: atrofida ahmoq
(7) mess around :: tartibsizlik atrofida
1. on every side ::
3. nearby ::
4. about ::
5. approximately ::
6. round ::
7. on all sides of ::
8. about ::
9. approximately ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
I feel very comfortable AROUND you too.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 15
The people sitting AROUND it
have better eyes than yours or mine.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 5
...without my meaning becoming
apparent to those AROUND you.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 6
I don't do anything AROUND here?
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 6
He'’s gonna be on campus tomorrow
showing his son AROUND.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 4
English to Uzbek Dictionary: around
Meaning and definitions of around, translation in Uzbek language for around with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of around in Uzbek and in English language.
Tags for the entry "around"
What around means in Uzbek, around meaning in Uzbek, around definition, examples and pronunciation of around in Uzbek language.