Noun(1) a structure or object that impedes free movement(2) any condition that makes it difficult to make progress or to achieve an objective(3) anything serving to maintain separation by obstructing vision or access
(1) But even out here on the barrier islands we'll have at least 10 feet of storm surge.(2) Starting wide from barrier 10 Gladwin wasted no time in challenging by charging to the lead beside Compass Boy.(3) Bar-built Estuaries form when a shallow lagoon or bay is protected from the ocean by a sand bar or barrier island.(4) They are warm, but the language barrier keeps us apart.(5) New Orleans allowed development for decades that actually weakened the barrier islands, encouraged erosion.(6) In the western world, the sea has come to be regarded as a barrier , restricting our movements.(7) Not surprisingly, the barrier islands protecting this region have deteriorated to an alarming extent and are in need of restoration.(8) It is a very fragile piece of barrier island, very close to Camp Lejeune in North Carolina.(9) The language barrier prevented direct access to the sources of supply of Chinese goods and to their final customers.(10) She also says that barrier controlled car parks have to be manned at all times so staff can let disabled people out.(11) Though volunteers expected all kinds of difficulties the language barrier broke all of Shen's expectations, despite having a good command of English.(12) Bob Franken reports on the damage on Sanibel, one of the barrier islands to first feel the brunt of that storm.(13) The only barrier is to the movement of cars onto the streetcar tracks.(14) the mountain barrier between Norway and Sweden(15) The extra parking revenue will help pay for a new pay station system instead of putting coins in the barrier to leave the car park.(16) The tahsildar had to intervene and put up a barrier blocking the movement of people and vehicles.
(1) language barrier :: til to'siqni
(2) sound barrier :: ovoz to'siq
(3) vapor barrier :: bug 'to'siq
(4) crash barrier :: buzilish to'siq
(5) barrier reef :: barrier rif
(6) barrier island :: barrier ho'l bo'lib ketdi
(7) barrier to entry :: kontaktga to'siq
(8) trade barrier :: savdo to'siq
(9) barrier layer :: to'siq qatlam
(10) barrier cream :: to'siq cream
1. fence ::
2. obstacle ::
3. roadblock ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
A raccoon virus just
crossed the species BARRIER
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 6
...to create a moisture BARRIER
against the lettuce.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 14
English to Uzbek Dictionary: barrier
Meaning and definitions of barrier, translation in Uzbek language for barrier with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of barrier in Uzbek and in English language.
Tags for the entry "barrier"
What barrier means in Uzbek, barrier meaning in Uzbek, barrier definition, examples and pronunciation of barrier in Uzbek language.