Verb(1) make right or correct(2) make reparations or amends for(3) censure severely(4) adjust for(5) punish in order to gain control or enforce obedience(6) go down in value(7) alter or regulate so as to achieve accuracy or conform to a standard(8) treat a defect
Adjective(1) free from error; especially conforming to fact or truth(2) socially right or correct(3) in accord with accepted standards of usage or procedure(4) correct in opinion or judgment
(1) I think your comments are correct in general but wrong as to Holmes.(2) But it was only during my recent tour of Europe that I realized how awkward it could be if you have to correct people again and again on where you are from.(3) He was correct in his approach here again, I think.(4) All other contrasts were performed as Tukey-Kramer tests, which correct for multiple comparisons.(5) I know that many of them are lying, but some of the facts were correct .(6) On that basis the Applicant is correct in calculating the children's entitlement as follows.(7) Both senators are correct in their respective positions.(8) In a normal society something like Hooke's Law would operate on them as they veered out of the groove of correct behaviour.(9) Once you've got a rough idea of where you want everything to go, measure up your tubing and cut yourself the correct lengths.(10) Just make sure you use the correct facts before you say them.(11) But I call upon any antepost dog experts in the audience to correct me if I'm mistaken.(12) Please co-operate by only depositing the correct recyclables in the appropriate containers.(13) They want to kill the messenger although he is speaking the truth and his facts are correct .(14) For this reason I do not have time to correct any typos or add links.(15) that's the correct answer(16) correct me if I'm wrong, but ...
(1) politically correct :: siyosiy to'g'ri
(2) that's correct :: deb to'g'ri keldi
(3) correct answer :: to'g'ri javob
(4) correct information :: to'g'ri ma'lumot
(5) grammatically correct :: grammatik jihatdan to'g'ri
(6) correct name :: to'g'ri nomi
(7) correct position :: to'g'ri munosabat
(8) correct time :: to'g'ri vaqti
(9) correct oneself :: o'zini tuzatish
(10) be correct :: to'g'ri
1. right ::
2. proper ::
3. rectify ::
4. counteract ::
5. adjust ::
7. decline ::
8. redress ::
9. discipline ::
10. even up ::
1. excuse ::
2. pardon ::
3. spare ::
correct, correctable, corrected, correcter, correctest, correcting, correctly, correctness, corrector, corrects
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Uh, CORRECT. And who can it
be prescribed to?
The Big Bang Theory Season 11, Episode 14
It's not that big of an opportunity. I mean,
even if Hawking's theories are CORRECT...
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 24
would it not be CORRECT
to say "take the lron Throne"?
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 6
...but that isn't even the CORRECT procedure
for a cootie shot.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 10
to murder Stuart?
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 18
English to Uzbek Dictionary: correct
Meaning and definitions of correct, translation in Uzbek language for correct with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of correct in Uzbek and in English language.
Tags for the entry "correct"
What correct means in Uzbek, correct meaning in Uzbek, correct definition, examples and pronunciation of correct in Uzbek language.