Noun(1) the men and women who man a vehicle (ship, aircraft, etc.(2) an organized group of workmen(3) an informal body of friends(4) the team of men manning a racing shell
Verb(1) serve as a crew member on(2) dwell on with satisfaction(3) express pleasure verbally(4) utter shrill sounds
(1) The Norwegian ship and its crew did what all seamen would do: rescue others in need at sea.(2) An ambulance crew and firefighters eventually arrived to cut the shivering dad from the vehicle.(3) the ship's captain and crew may be brought to trial(4) a crew of assorted computer geeks(5) an ambulance crew(6) A sudden movement like that would have killed the crew of that ship immediately; no one could take that much momentum at one time!(7) The Norwegian freighter has no doctor and only enough food and facilities for 27 officers and crew .(8) It was an honor to dine at the captain's table, and indeed all the officers and crew were exceptional.(9) All 118 officers and crew inside the submarine died when the pride of the Russian fleet sank after suffering a huge explosion in August last year.(10) Aboard were twenty naval officers, a crew of 200, and a scientific staff of five.(11) There's apparently a Cornish hip-hop crew who rap about tractors, although that could just be my mate winding me up.(12) The usual Jamdown production crew attempt to make hip-hop beats and fail miserably.(13) The Arizona had been my home; a city on water for her crew and officers.(14) On Soundchambers, this crew of German abstractionists locks together to form a constantly shifting musical triangle.(15) The latter's much better, however, and, at over twenty years old, still more than capable of rocking the rock steady crew .(16) In all the years that I spent in the Navy, I never served with a crew and officers like Seaview's!
(1) cabin crew :: Salonning ekipaj
(2) film crew :: film ekipaj
(3) crew cut :: ekipaj kesilgan
(4) crew member :: ekipaj a'zosi
(5) flight crew :: parvoz ekipaj
(6) crew chief :: ekipaj bosh
(7) crew neck :: ekipaj bo'yin
(8) skeleton crew :: skeleti ekipaj
(9) ground crew :: zamin ekipaj
(10) air crew :: havo ekipaj
2. team ::
3. crowd ::
4. gang ::
crew, crewed, crewing, crews
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
- How was your prom? Did you go?
- No, but I was on cleanup CREW.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 8
And I'm glad you like it--
it's from J. Crew.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 19
I'm going to kill Jack
and his entire CREW,
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 15
...which CREW members
would be involved in this EVA?
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 22
The CREW that hit our truck
gave away the cargo
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 6
English to Uzbek Dictionary: crew
Meaning and definitions of crew, translation in Uzbek language for crew with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of crew in Uzbek and in English language.
Tags for the entry "crew"
What crew means in Uzbek, crew meaning in Uzbek, crew definition, examples and pronunciation of crew in Uzbek language.