xursand, baxtli, mamnun
- xursandmamnuniyat bilanshodlikka to'ladigladsxursand
Noun(1) any of numerous plants of the genus Gladiolus native chiefly to tropical and South Africa having sword-shaped leaves and one-sided spikes of brightly colored funnel-shaped flowers; widely cultivated
Adjective(1) showing or causing joy and pleasure; especially made happy(2) eagerly disposed to act or to be of service(3) feeling happy appreciation(4) cheerful and bright
(1) The thought disgusted me, but at the same time, made me glad .(2) I'm glad to hear this, and hope it pans out.(3) I'm glad to hear that Mark could barely see because of the ├ö├ç├┐solid wall of backs,├ö├ç├û because that means there were a lot of people there.(4) He was glad to hear complains about the perfect Sabina.(5) This is what they want and we should all be glad for being able to please.(6) It's too easy to forget to be glad for the things you do have, and be unhappy about the things you don't.(7) I was suddenly very glad for that expert hearing of his.(8) I'm glad to hear you say you have some qualms here.(9) I'm always glad to get home, put my feet up and relax.(10) To be named top dog among 140 regions from all corners of the continent is no mean feat, and we should all rejoice at such glad tidings.(11) All right, well, we're certainly glad to hear that, that all of this was in place.(12) In other news, I went back to work for a few hours, sharing the glad tidings with my coworkers in such detail that one of my students asked me if someone had had a baby.(13) ├ö├ç├┐And we're always glad to welcome new members as well,├ö├ç├û he said.(14) I am very glad to hear that it won - and great prizes too!(15) Working with such great folks, from our authors to the other editors to all the readers, is a true pleasure and I'm glad to have been given the opportunity.(16) Privately, she was glad for the excuse to avert her gaze.
(1) be glad :: xursand bo'lishi
(2) very glad :: juda xursand
(3) glad to meet :: qondirish uchun xursand
(4) be glad to :: xursand bo'lishi
(5) glad tidings :: xushxabardir
(6) glad rags :: xursand latta
(7) glad about :: haqida mamnun
(8) glad-hand :: xursand-qo'l
2. willing ::
3. pleasing ::
4. happy ::
6. gladiolus ::
1. dissatisfied ::
2. sad ::
3. unhappy ::
glad, gladly, gladness, glads, gladsome
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Actually, I'm GLAD you're here.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 22
She must be very GLAD to have you helping her
from dusk till dawn.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 4
- Glad you guys could make it.
- Of course.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 18
Good. I'm GLAD to hear you're happy.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 3
And I'm GLAD you like it--
it's from J. Crew.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 19
English to Uzbek Dictionary: glad
Meaning and definitions of glad, translation in Uzbek language for glad with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of glad in Uzbek and in English language.
Tags for the entry "glad"
What glad means in Uzbek, glad meaning in Uzbek, glad definition, examples and pronunciation of glad in Uzbek language.