Noun(1) the linear extent in space from one end to the other; the longest dimension of something that is fixed in place(2) continuance in time(3) the property of being the extent of something from beginning to end(4) size of the gap between two places(5) a section of something that is long and narrow
(1) One of the bone instruments was a needle about four inches in length , beautifully tapered, and still in a prefect state of preservation.(2) Attacking them with a blunt object, such as a length of wood, could be also considered cruel, at least for the Rottweiler.(3) Is the store's clientele extensive enough that a sale will happen within a reasonable length of time?(4) Day length is a stable seasonal cue and controls biological changes in a host of species.(5) In our research, stress is treated as a function of syllable length .(6) Suddenly he was behind me, a length of white cord stretched tightly between his two hands.(7) One of the windows measured about ten feet in length while the other four were of a smaller size and located in the porch area.(8) a stout length of wood(9) Child benefits will be tied to the length of service and amount of contributions paid until the baby is born.(10) Being around three to four inches in length they are also just the right size for tench fishing.(11) the delta is twenty kilometres in length(12) Marcus bundled the man inside and secured the lid with a length of washing line taken from the outside balcony.(13) This line was not bordered by any physical crash barrier, but by what looked like a length of cable stuck to the pavement in front of them.(14) The feeling of discouragement usually goes away within a reasonable length of time.(15) Guided Tour was the runner-up, one length behind the winner and a neck ahead of Golden Missile.(16) Walking down to the legal precinct this morning the full two-block length of Hyde Park was beautiful.
(1) overall length :: umumiy uzunligi
(2) medium length :: o'rta uzunligi
(3) at length :: uzunligi
(4) focal length :: bosh uzunligi
(5) shoulder-length :: elka metrajli
(6) length of time :: vaqt uzunligi
(7) in length :: uzunligi
(8) path length :: yo'l uzunligi
(9) length of service :: xizmat uzunligi
1. extent ::
2. period ::
3. piece ::
5. distance ::
6. duration ::
length, lengthen, lengthened, lengthening, lengthens, lengthily, lengths, lengthwise, lengthy
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
She's flowered, I assure
you. She and I have discussed it at LENGTH.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 5
I have spoken at great LENGTH with my Christian slave.
Vikings Season 1, Episode 3
Yes, we discussed it at LENGTH last night.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 2
then you're out of your LENGTH, width
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 10
Stay within one table LENGTH.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 4
English to Uzbek Dictionary: length
Meaning and definitions of length, translation in Uzbek language for length with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of length in Uzbek and in English language.
Tags for the entry "length"
What length means in Uzbek, length meaning in Uzbek, length definition, examples and pronunciation of length in Uzbek language.