- uzunsog'inganuzoqeng uzung'am
Verb(1) desire strongly or persistently
Adjective(1) primarily temporal sense; being or indicating a relatively great or greater than average duration or passage of time or a duration as specified(2) primarily spatial sense; of relatively great or greater than average spatial extension or extension as specified(3) of relatively great height(4) good at remembering(5) holding securities or commodities in expectation of a rise in prices(6) (of speech sounds or syllables(7) involving substantial risk(8) planning prudently for the future(9) having or being more than normal or necessary
Adverb(1) for an extended time or at a distant time(2) for an extended distance
(1) He has long thin sideburns and was wearing silver oblong small-frame silver glasses.(2) A long woman standing nearby was staring at us.(3) In January 1642 the king left London and began a long journey round the Midlands and the north.(4) The attacks are the latest in a long list of violent crimes to have blighted Yorkshire in the last month.(5) I met a German lady who sat in the piazza with a dictionary so that she could write a long letter to me.(6) ├ö├ç├┐This is an awfully long walk,├ö├ç├û he said casually.(7) The long list of activities includes boxing training, snooker and computer games.(8) I haven't seen Liam for a while but when I do it'll probably be a very long night!(9) We turned into bed early that night, readying ourselves for what we expected would be a long day.(10) I packed for Scotland with long sleeves and waterproofs but had to buy a t-shirt in the golf shop.(11) Find out how long it will last and what type of questions you will be asked so you can track the progress of the interview.(12) He has channelled his emotional pain into a vigorous and passionate account that will live long in my memory.(13) Normally, cabbies asked to take clients on long journeys ask for the money up-front.(14) It's had a great spirit all season long and everybody came through for everybody else.(15) The strikes continue today and bosses are warning claimants and job seekers to expect long queues.(16) Buy-ins are generated by a long broker to close out an open fail with a counterparty.
(1) as long as :: Modomiki, hamonki; sababli, uchun
(2) how long :: qancha vaqt
(3) so long :: xozircha, xayr, kurishguncha
(4) for a long time :: uzoq muddatga
(5) long-term :: Uzoq muddat
(6) long time ago :: ko'p vaqtlar oldin
(7) a long time ago :: uzoq vaqt oldin
1. lengthy ::
2. retentive ::
3. farsighted ::
4. yearn for ::
5. hanker ::
1. brief ::
2. curt ::
3. short ::
long, longed, longer, longest, longing, longings, longish, longs
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
How LONG are you out of the apartment?
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 4
I'’ve known you a LONG time.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 3
as LONG as your good fortune holds.
Vikings Season 1, Episode 6
Westworld Season 2, Episode 2
Aegon Targaryen got
quite a LONG way on fear.
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 6
English to Uzbek Dictionary: long
Meaning and definitions of long, translation in Uzbek language for long with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of long in Uzbek and in English language.
Tags for the entry "long"
What long means in Uzbek, long meaning in Uzbek, long definition, examples and pronunciation of long in Uzbek language.