piyoz, bosh, kalla
Noun(1) the bulb of an onion plant(2) bulbous plant having hollow leaves cultivated worldwide for its rounded edible bulb(3) an aromatic flavorful vegetable
(1) The onion rings had a charming light batter on them, but the frozen French fries were poor.(2) cook the onion in the oil until lightly coloured(3) Heat the olive oil in a heavy pot, and cook the onion for five minutes.(4) Melt half the butter in a shallow pan and cook the onion till soft and tender, stirring from time to time.(5) Fry the onion in the olive oil in a large frying pan, stirring occasionally, until it begins to colour.(6) In another saucepan cook the garlic and spring onions in the vegetable oil until the onion is soft but not brown.(7) onion rings(8) Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the onion , ginger and cumin seeds for 5 min.(9) Fork through the remaining butter with the peas, then spoon on to a warmed platter in a mound and scatter over the onion rings.(10) One of the oldest known herbs, garlic, is grown like an onion until the tops yellow and fall over.(11) Heat the olive oil and cook the onion gently for 5 minutes, or until lightly golden.(12) Warm the olive oil in a shallow pan, peel and finely slice the onion and let it cook slowly in the oil with the bay leaf.(13) Sweat the onion and diced vegetables in a little olive oil, they should soften and turn golden without browning.(14) Warm the oil in a shallow pan then cook the onions , chillies and garlic till soft but not coloured.(15) Heat up some olive oil in a large saucepan and cook the onions on medium heat for a few minutes.(16) The saucy, oniony beans and yellow rice make it homey.
(1) onion soup :: piyoz sho'rva
(2) onion ring :: piyoz halqa
(3) green onion :: yashil piyoz
(4) spring onion :: bahorgi piyoz
(5) yellow onion :: sariq piyoz
(6) pickled onion :: tuzlangan piyoz
(7) chopped green onion :: tug'ralgan yashil piyoz
1. onion ::
2. leek ::
3. eschalot ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Onion dip. It's ONION dip.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 15
Mother doesn't like the Onion Knight.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 5
We're talking Oxnard
in the ONION fields.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 2
sew it on your coat, fly the ONION flag.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 8
- Sheldon's ONION ring. Just put it back.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 7
English to Uzbek Dictionary: onion
Meaning and definitions of onion, translation in Uzbek language for onion with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of onion in Uzbek and in English
Tags for the entry "onion"
What onion means in Uzbek, onion meaning
in Uzbek, onion definition, examples and pronunciation
of onion in Uzbek language.