Noun(1) the inner surface of the hand from the wrist to the base of the fingers(2) a linear unit based on the length or width of the human hand(3) any plant of the family Palmae having an unbranched trunk crowned by large pinnate or palmate leaves(4) an award for winning a championship or commemorating some other event
Verb(1) touch, lift, or hold with the hands
(1) the consensus was that the palm should go to Doerner(2) I feel her fingers thrust themselves into my open palm and she makes symbols with them.(3) The lopsided star was a little bigger than my palm and silver-ish in color.(4) But there is much more to be said on that score; and there is also the fact that there are those who award the palm elsewhere.(5) These findings strongly indicate that the palm of moose antlers may serve as an effective, parabolic reflector which increases the acoustic pressure of the incoming sound(6) Adriana smiled her thanks and put a third piece of silver in his palm .(7) Albeit there are those latter-day scientists who would tend instead to award the ancestral palm to the lung-fish.(8) Basketball rules states if the ball handler doesn't ├ö├ç├┐ palm ├ö├ç├û the ball or place their hand under the ball, there is no dribbling violation.(9) Bruce places his palm on a sophisticated console set into the wall.(10) Went and bought a new pair of winter cycling gloves today, these have better padding on the palm which should dissipate the pressure on the median nerve.(11) he was a deft hand with the palm and needle(12) In this test, you bend your thumb across the palm of your hand and bend your fingers down over your thumb.(13) He let the crystal fall from his finger tips into the palm of his hand.(14) The palm fronds stand for victory while the Oriental dragon personifies vigilance and preparedness.(15) I dig my fingernails into the palm of my hand, it wraps into a fist.(16) She slapped the table two times with her right palm , looking triumphant.
(1) date palm :: xurmo
(2) heart of palm :: xurmo yurak
(3) oil palm :: neft palma
(4) coconut palm :: hindiston yong'og'i
(5) palm leaf :: palma yaprog'i
(6) palm off :: off Palm
(7) palm sugar :: Palm shakar
(8) palm wine :: Palm sharob
(9) palm of the hand :: qo'l Palm
(10) palm grove :: Palm Grove
1. prize ::
2. laurel wreath ::
3. thenar ::
4. palm tree ::
5. handle ::
palm, palmate, palmed, palmer, palming, palms, palmy
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Hold Infinity in
the PALM of your hand,
Westworld Season 2, Episode 7
Palm trees and butterflies.
Haven't been, myself.
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 3
So you can sleep in the raw
among the PALM trees.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 4
My Aunt Betty and Uncle Elliot are coming
in from Palm Springs.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 8
I had them in the PALM of my hand.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 7
English to Uzbek Dictionary: palm
Meaning and definitions of palm, translation in Uzbek language for palm with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of palm in Uzbek and in English language.
Tags for the entry "palm"
What palm means in Uzbek, palm meaning in Uzbek, palm definition, examples and pronunciation of palm in Uzbek language.