yig'ilish, kengash, majlis
Noun(1) (photography, as for a photograph or portrait(2) the act of assuming or maintaining a seated position(3) a meeting of spiritualists(4) a session as of a legislature or court
Verb(1) be seated(2) be around, often idly or without specific purpose(3) take a seat(4) be in session(5) assume a posture as for artistic purposes(6) sit and travel on the back of animal, usually while controlling its motions(7) be located or situated somewhere(8) work or act as a baby-sitter(9) show to a seat; assign a seat for(10) serve in a specific professional capacity
Adjective(1) (of persons(2) not moving and therefore easy to attack
(1) And sure, it is a lot to ask the average museum visitor to sit through eight films in one sitting .(2) A number of the current sitting board members have had close associations with Mr Murdoch or his company.(3) Two hours after the historic ceremony, the current parliament's batch of sitting MPs cease to be members of parliament.(4) I sink gracefully into a sitting position on my bed.(5) Williams said the meeting had to be called before the next sitting of the executive committee on Tuesday.(6) The measures will be put into place at the next sitting of Parliament, tentatively scheduled for March.(7) He suggests that the minority of people who voted for this unattractive party are not constituents of the sitting Member of Parliament.(8) No sitting congressman has ever previously been nominated to head the agency.(9) Rothman was eventually brought to the ground by police but was put into a sitting position when he began hyperventilating.(10) The defendant had been remanded in custody from a sitting of Wexford District Court the previous week.(11) Nests are hidden in vegetation, each lined with an ample layer of down to cover the eggs when the sitting bird is absent.(12) One of the jade Buddhas can be found in a sitting position at the moment of his enlightenment on the second floor of Wentang Hall.(13) Government officials said today's Parliament sitting may be very brief to accommodate the continuation of the crime talks.(14) Howard knew he would never get it passed in a full sitting of parliament.(15) At the end of the sitting , they can take photographs of the subject.(16) The 66-year-old had slipped into a sitting position with her legs straight out, leaving her waist deep in heavy mud.
(1) sit :: o'tirish
(2) sitting down :: o'tirib
(3) sitting duck :: o'tirgan o'rdak
(4) sitting pretty :: go'zal o'tirgan
(5) pet sitting :: uyda oziqlangan o'tirgan
(6) sitting-room :: Mehmonxona
(7) sitting position :: o'tirib
(8) sitting still :: hali o'tirgan
(9) bed-sitting room :: To'shak-zal
1. sedentary ::
3. session ::
5. take a seat ::
bir qo'ltiq olish
7. hold ::
8. pose ::
9. be situated ::
10. be in session ::
11. serve on ::
12. be harmonious ::
13. babysit ::
14. sit down ::
15. baby-sit ::
16. ride ::
17. sit around ::
18. model ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Yeah, SITTING around MDC,
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 12
I almost feel sorry for the poor fool
SITTING in his split-level suburban ranch...
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 19
That's great. And look at you,
SITTING in Sheldon's spot.
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 14
Don't I look silly
SITTING here wearing this?
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 1
She keeps SITTING in my spot.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 7
English to Uzbek Dictionary: sitting
Meaning and definitions of sitting, translation in Uzbek language for sitting with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of sitting in Uzbek and in English language.
Tags for the entry "sitting"
What sitting means in Uzbek, sitting meaning in Uzbek, sitting definition, examples and pronunciation of sitting in Uzbek language.