Noun(1) (usually in the plural(2) a natural fiber (raw cotton, wool, hemp, flax(3) material suitable for manufacture or use or finishing(4) a short U-shaped wire nail for securing cables(5) paper fastener consisting of a short length of U-shaped wire that can fasten papers together
Verb(1) secure or fasten with a staple or staples
Adjective(1) necessary or important, especially regarding food or commodities
(1) But what he cannot afford is an absolute shortage of the country's basic staple food; that would be a recipe for revolution.(2) Its clouds of white lace cap flowers in summer and its purple foliage with drooping clusters of berries in autumn make it a winter garden staple .(3) Two other important staple crops are cassava and maize.(4) Bread was the staple food in the Early Medieval diet.(5) Food was very basic with beans and rice being the staple diet.(6) Tanker started a series of Sunday morning shows at the Deluxe Cinema, a concept that became a 1960s entertainment staple .(7) Cassava as a staple crop has several advantages: it is resilient to adverse weather conditions and is high in carbohydrates.(8) The grass family Poaceae is highly diverse and contains 10,000 species, many of which are our most important staple crops.(9) Coffee still seems to be the main staple with a small sandwich or salad on the side.(10) In northern Mauritania, small swarms have already caused damage to the staple crops millet and sorghum, along with date palms and vegetables.(11) It is evident that the staple was primarily a fiscal organ of the crown, facilitating the collection of the royal customs.(12) Fedusa expressed concern that the prices of food forming the staple diet of the poor would be the first to be affected by new tariffs.(13) Floods and rogue waves raise the saltwater table underlying the atolls, poisoning the Tuvaluans' staple crops.(14) He secures the end of each rope to the tree's bottom with a U-shaped staple , then wraps the tree from the bottom up, turning the cardboard slowly as he goes.(15) In some countries they are a staple like beans or potatoes, but in this country, we most frequently come across them in their disguised form in a bowl of hummus.(16) The staple fish and main export of Icelanders since the fourteenth century has been cod.
(1) staple food :: shtapel oziq-ovqat
(2) staple remover :: shtapel kushoyish
(3) staple gun :: shtapel qurol
(4) staple diet :: shtapel oziq
(5) staple crop :: shtapel hosil
(6) non-staple food :: non-shtapel oziq-ovqat
1. basic ::
2. main ::
3. principal ::
4. chief ::
5. major ::
6. primary ::
7. leading ::
8. foremost ::
9. first ::
10. most important ::
11. predominant ::
12. dominant ::
14. basic ::
15. standard ::
16. prime ::
17. premier ::
18. number-one ::
staple, stapled, staples, stapling
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
You go to STAPLE something,
and you're out of STAPLEs.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 7
Well, actually, insects are a dietary STAPLE
in many cultures.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 3
English to Uzbek Dictionary: staple
Meaning and definitions of staple, translation in Uzbek language for staple with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of staple in Uzbek and in English
Tags for the entry "staple"
What staple means in Uzbek, staple meaning
in Uzbek, staple definition, examples and pronunciation
of staple in Uzbek language.