Noun(1) agitation resulting from active worry(2) food prepared by stewing especially meat or fish with vegetables
Verb(1) be in a huff; be silent or sullen(2) bear a grudge; harbor ill feelings(3) cook slowly and for a long time in liquid
(1) lamb stew(2) I suppose he's all in a stew(3) My partner chose baked peppers and a veal stew with mashed potatoes.(4) Consider all the people who sat home in a stew in 1968 rather than vote for Hubert Humphrey.(5) Before long they had some potatoes, some old bread, and a hearty stew before them.(6) A large bowl of mutton stew with some large wedges of bread satisfied this last need.(7) There was a silence as he served the stew from the small iron pot.(8) sweaty clothes left to stew in a plastic bag(9) Later, they ate his famous cattle meat stew .(10) I employed Lydia's help to cut and stew some apples for dessert.(11) let the tomato mixture stew for twenty minutes(12) He lifted up the lid of the pot where lamb stew was simmering.(13) I answered obediently and went to the fire to stir the thick stew inside the cauldron.(14) There are many people around here who think that the whole of this country is in a stew .(15) They cooked a thick stew for dinner and had mulled cider.(16) Serve this thick stew with hot cooked basmati rice.
(1) beef stew :: Dana güveç
(2) lamb stew :: Qo'zi taomga
(3) fish stew :: baliq yahni
(4) rabbit stew :: quyon taomga
(5) meat stew :: go'sht taomga
(6) in a stew :: bir güveç bilan
(7) oyster stew :: chig'anoq taomga
1. mood ::
2. swither ::
3. braise ::
4. swelter ::
5. grizzle ::
6. grudge ::
stew, stewed, stewing, stews
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Come on, I don't wanna eat lamb STEW
with my mother.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 10
and STEW, getting nice and fat and marbled.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 1
And STEW is a kind word for it.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 8
Now come on.
We'll talk more over brown bread and STEW.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 2
I mean, this STEW is simply
an amalgam of ingredients.
Breaking Bad Season 3, Episode 11
English to Uzbek Dictionary: stew
Meaning and definitions of stew, translation in Uzbek language for stew with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of stew in Uzbek and in English language.
Tags for the entry "stew"
What stew means in Uzbek, stew meaning in Uzbek, stew definition, examples and pronunciation of stew in Uzbek language.