Adjective(1) happening without warning or in a short space of time
(1) The car's hazard warning lights automatically switch on with sudden braking or in a collision.(2) they made a sudden attack(3) I wasn't expecting moments of sudden and beautiful revelation, empathy, kinship.(4) An elderly monk presented with a sharp thoracic back pain of sudden onset and shortness of breath.(5) Having a credit card can be invaluable if you have a sudden and unexpected expense, or even if you've just overspent.(6) However, it was a sudden dip in the dollar's value that spurred speculative activity.(7) The sudden release of the stored chlorine allows rapid destruction of ozone to occur and the ozone hole is formed.(8) He was working down Turner Shaft one day when there was a sudden rock fall which buried him and killed him instantly.(9) However, the condition can lead to sudden and unexpected death, often in early adulthood.(10) I had a sudden inspiration(11) I saw it in the sudden stiffening of his posture and the sharp flash in his hazel eyes.(12) Antipsychotic drugs should also be considered in unexplained sudden deaths in psychotic patients.(13) Kees said the decision to go on their own was not sudden but one which had been in the pipeline for quite some time.(14) They were caused by a sudden violent downpour which drains were unable to cope with.(15) it happened so sudden!(16) Much of this comes in sudden downpours in spring and autumn which sometimes cause devastating flash floods.
(1) all of a sudden :: to'satdan
(2) sudden death :: to'satdan o'lim
(3) sudden attack :: to'satdan hujum
(4) sudden change :: to'satdan o'zgarishi
(5) sudden increase :: to'satdan o'sish
(6) of a sudden :: to'satdan
(7) sudden rise :: to'satdan ko'tarilishi
(8) sudden movement :: to'satdan harakat
(9) sudden illness :: to'satdan kasallik
1. unexpected ::
2. unforeseen ::
3. unanticipated ::
4. unlooked-for ::
5. immediate ::
6. instantaneous ::
7. instant ::
8. precipitous ::
9. precipitate ::
10. abrupt ::
11. rapid ::
12. swift ::
13. quick ::
1. anticipated ::
sudden, suddenly, suddenness
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Yes. And it’d be better
that you come to a SUDDEN stop
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 10
Then all of a SUDDEN, boom,
it's popping up everywhere.
Breaking Bad Season 3, Episode 9
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 3
Be careful with any SUDDEN movements.
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 8
I do not need
SUDDEN fits of homicidal rage.
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 12
English to Uzbek Dictionary: sudden
Meaning and definitions of sudden, translation in Uzbek language for sudden with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of sudden in Uzbek and in English
Tags for the entry "sudden"
What sudden means in Uzbek, sudden meaning
in Uzbek, sudden definition, examples and pronunciation
of sudden in Uzbek language.