Noun(1) the star that is the source of light and heat for the planets in the solar system(2) the rays of the sun(3) a person considered as a source of warmth or energy or glory etc(4) any star around which a planetary system revolves(5) first day of the week; observed as a day of rest and worship by most Christians
Verb(1) expose one's body to the sun(2) expose to the rays of the sun or affect by exposure to the sun
(1) So, leaving Ben to schmooze over a free lunch we got a ride downtown and enjoyed some welcome healthy food in the sun .(2) In cultures where the seasons do not change and the sun is strong year round, the sun is worshiped with great pyramids and blood sacrifices.(3) With no shelter from the sun , and little food or water, people became ill.(4) we sat outside in the sun(5) Venus orbits around the sun faster than the earth, which also has a longer distance to cover.(6) Would the writer contend that, if any planet had a sun as ours does, it would teem with life as the Earth does?(7) the sun of the Plantagenets went down in clouds(8) The promenade was often crowded with gentlemen and ladies, shaded from the summer sun by parasols, and children scurrying on the beach.(9) A 15 to 30 minute tanning session is equivalent to an entire day spent in the sun .(10) When the sun of the Stuarts set forever on the bloody plain of Culloden, Prince Charlie fled the stricken field with a few followers to the mountain fastnesses of Scotland.(11) The next day the sun came back, and it didn't rain again the entire trip.(12) Copernicus must surely have had it in mind when he came up with the idea that the earth orbited the sun .(13) I was walking in those woods on Christmas Day just as the sun was going down.(14) Buy them in bloom, and plant them in full sun (light afternoon shade in hot climates).(15) Meteors are usually pieces of asteroids which orbit the sun between Mars and Jupiter.(16) In 1705 Halley showed that the comet, which is now called after him, moved in an elliptical orbit round the sun .
(1) the sun :: quyosh
(2) in the sun :: quyosh
(3) sun block :: quyosh blok
(4) the sun shines :: quyosh porlaydi
(5) under the sun :: quyosh ostida
(6) morning sun :: ertalab quyosh
(7) setting sun :: Botayotgan quyosh
(8) rising sun :: chiqish quyosh
(9) the sun rises :: quyosh ko'tariladi
(10) bask in the sun :: quyosh rohatlanmoq
1. sunshine ::
2. sunlight ::
3. daylight ::
4. light ::
5. warmth ::
8. sunbathe ::
sun, sunless, suns
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 7
Laughing in the SUN.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 5
Not until the SUN rises in the west,
and sets in the east.
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 1
When the SUN rises,
Stannis will sit on the lron Throne
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 9
Let her clean your wound,
my SUN and stars...
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 8
English to Uzbek Dictionary: sun
Meaning and definitions of sun, translation in Uzbek language for sun with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of sun in Uzbek and in English language.
Tags for the entry "sun"
What sun means in Uzbek, sun meaning in Uzbek, sun definition, examples and pronunciation of sun in Uzbek language.