Noun(1) a car driven by a person whose job is to take passengers where they want to go in exchange for money(2) yews
Verb(1) travel slowly(2) ride in a taxicab
(1) After receiving payment, the taxi driver pulls to the left and executes a U-turn, and hits a motorcycle coming the other direction.(2) he booked a taxi(3) I would taxi home and sleep till eight(4) That evening they'll hire a taxi boat and go exploring.(5) I caught a motorbike taxi back - my friend opted to cycle.(6) We never took a taxi ; we took public transportation.(7) A girl with brown hair that's pulled back into a ponytail is leaning in the passenger side of a taxi yelling at the driver.(8) However, this same person also held a valid Hong Kong driver's license as well as a taxi driver's license.(9) Needing vehicular transportation I hired a motorbike taxi , agreeing to his 30 baht impost.(10) we took a taxi to the station(11) Now, one thing I do not know was whether he had nose wheel steering, which we have when we taxi the airplane at slower speeds.(12) Even if you don't fancy the idea of living in a rock house without windows just a few feet from the ocean, Moonhole is well worth a visit either by dinghy or taxi .(13) Rather than be robbed twice, first by the crooks and then by the police, he decided to get a motorbike taxi home and cut his losses.(14) She'd kept up an almost incessant stream of chatter and commentary during the whole of the train ride from London, and then in the taxi to the dock.(15) When I catch a motorbike taxi in the morning, the regular guy who drives me literally punches the air and whoops when he sees me coming.(16) A taxi driver and his four passengers escaped being crushed when a straw bale weighing half a ton bounced onto their car.
(1) taxi stand :: taksi
(2) take a taxi :: bir taksi
(3) taxi rank :: taksi
(4) by taxi :: taksi bilan
(5) call a taxi :: taksi chaqirish
(6) taxi fare :: taksi kira haqi
(7) hail a taxi :: taksi do'l
(8) taxi station :: taksi stantsiyasi
(9) water taxi :: suv taksi
1. cab ::
2. taxicab ::
3. hack ::
4. rickshaw ::
7. pedicab ::
8. cab ::
taxi, taxied, taxiing, taxis
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
- Well, let's go find out who.
- You go get a TAXI.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 11
She's doing TAXI dispatch,
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 15
English to Uzbek Dictionary: taxi
Meaning and definitions of taxi, translation in Uzbek language for taxi with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of taxi in Uzbek and in English language.
Tags for the entry "taxi"
What taxi means in Uzbek, taxi meaning in Uzbek, taxi definition, examples and pronunciation of taxi in Uzbek language.