belgi, alomat, ramz, sovg'a
Noun(1) an individual instance of a type of symbol(2) something serving as a sign of something else(3) a metal or plastic disk that can be redeemed or used in designated slot machines(4) something of sentimental value
Adjective(1) insignificantly small; a matter of form only (`tokenish' is informal
(1) The police made no more than a token effort to disguise their enthusiasm for the militia cause.(2) I really feel he rounds out the cast well, not because he's the token minority but because he plays the loyal friend to the hilt.(3) But opposition by the government and big business to anything but a token pay increase has nothing to do with concern for the unemployed.(4) All that teams such as the 49ers have to do now is parade around two or three token black candidates and then bring in the white candidate they wanted all along.(5) When she left her last job, she was offered a token 300 pesos severance pay.(6) How does an apathetic agnostic even begin to redress a quarter-century of token gestures and guest appearances at church?(7) And he declined to accept the token of recognition conferred on him by the Academy.(8) The government would take a tough stand and then make a token concession.(9) His work was almost always meant to have the quality of a personal token , rather than that of an object for public display.(10) The kid said he wanted to go home, and the coach handed him a subway token .(11) When she turned round, the bag, which contained nearly Ôö¼├║300 cash and a milk token , had been swiped.(12) I find the whole thing completely irresponsible, and this bill is just a token measure.(13) Nevertheless, Labor is just as anxious as the government to push the legislation through, albeit with token amendments.(14) Nicole received a book token for outstanding effort.(15) She says U.S. companies boast diversity by including one token minority in advertisements and on TV shows.(16) The second problem is that there is no way to police if the teams are just interviewing these minorities as token candidates to fit under the guidelines.
(1) by the same token :: Xuddi tomonidan
(2) token ring :: To'xan ring
(3) book token :: kitob sovg'a
(4) token passing :: belgi o'lim
(5) love token :: belgi ko'raman
(6) token economy :: belgi Iqtisodiyot
1. symbol ::
2. memento ::
3. item ::
4. relic ::
5. symbolic ::
6. nominal ::
token, tokenism, tokens
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
A TOKEN of a bargain well struck.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 3
Accept this TOKEN of our faith, my Lord,
and lead us from the darkness.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 9
A TOKEN of Tyrion Lannister's goodwill.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 4
All too well.
I still carry a TOKEN of his esteem...
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 3
English to Uzbek Dictionary: token
Meaning and definitions of token, translation in Uzbek language for token with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of token in Uzbek and in English language.
Tags for the entry "token"
What token means in Uzbek, token meaning in Uzbek, token definition, examples and pronunciation of token in Uzbek language.