Noun(1) some conspicuous object used to distinguish or mark something(2) a distinguishing symbol(3) a writing implement for making a mark
(1) The teenager ran straight for goal side stepping his marker and dispatched the ball to the bottom right corner of the net.(2) On one occasion he picked up the ball, spun his marker , played a quick one-two, dashed clear├ö├ç┬¬ and put the ball wide.(3) I stared down at the grave marker that now seemed old compared to the ones around it.(4) Reyes hit a swirling, inswinging free-kick, Juanito evaded his marker and headed into the top corner from 10 yards.(5) Despite the fact that he was not fully wound up he certainly laid down a marker that he is going to be extremely difficult to beat in the event.(6) You see a marker post which tells you that you're on the right track, which momentarily raises your spirits about three millimetres from rock bottom.(7) Put a marker on the ground, and always stand on that spot.(8) In Division Two, Old Crescent laid down a marker with a comprehensive victory over Midleton at Rosbrien on Saturday.(9) It might have ended in defeat but York City Knights laid down a marker for themselves yesterday with a performance full of pride, effort and ability.(10) I always carry a black marker with me, just in case: this is my weapon.(11) such studies may provide a unique marker in the quest to understand the brain(12) a heavy line drawn by a marker(13) The section start and end positions were indicated with marker posts on the side of the road plus a steel rod was driven into the pavement on the centre line.(14) He put it to the defendant that the granite post was a marker for disputed property and the defendant had removed it in a bid to claim the property.(15) marker posts(16) Phyllis owed a marker in the neighborhood of $100,000
(1) marker pen :: marker qalam
(2) permanent marker :: doimiy marker
(3) discourse marker :: til marker
(4) past tense marker :: o'tgan zamonda marker
1. marking ::
2. mark ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
I don't think the Smithsonian's
gonna want your MARKER.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 6
because the mean girls circled
your chubby bits in MARKER?
The Big Bang Theory Season 11, Episode 11
No. You’re going to eat that MARKER.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 5
There's one on every mile MARKER
between here and Meereen.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 1
SOLDIER 2: Put a MARKER in the ground!
Game of Thrones Season 8, Episode 2
English to Uzbek Dictionary: marker
Meaning and definitions of marker, translation in Uzbek language for marker with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of marker in Uzbek and in English language.
Tags for the entry "marker"
What marker means in Uzbek, marker meaning in Uzbek, marker definition, examples and pronunciation of marker in Uzbek language.