Adjective(1) located farther aft
Adverb(1) happening at a time subsequent to a reference time(2) behind or in the rear
(1) they shouted after us(2) So many women seek after men of money or rank, and this is essentially a private affair.(3) But he seemed to be slipping as he chased after it and it was brilliant to see the ball go in.(4) Then turning and smiling through her tears she called after him.(5) Just because the show is named after him is no reason to keep him around.(6) My mother died soon after and left me the house, which is where I run my business from and make a small living.(7) In the period after 1807 most colonies experienced a decrease in the crude death rate.(8) We do ask our visitors to clean up after their dogs, especially in the more frequented areas of the estate.(9) Complications may even occur a long time after minor events as the following case shows.(10) Tradition normally sees plants used in the show go on sale after the event.(11) after us(12) It's not just your money that they're after although they certainly want that.(13) it was difficult to believe it after the Minister's statement(14) I heard voices in the cabins on either hand of me; some people came out of one of the after berths, and passed us, talking noisily but they took no heed of me or of my friend.(15) Day after day, the shocking images have been plastered all over the media.(16) He speaks of the numbness that takes hold of him after long periods of work.
(1) look after :: g'amxo'rlik qilmoq
(2) after all :: Oxirida
(3) after that :: undan keyin
(4) take after :: keyin olib
(5) after a while :: Birozdan so'ng
(6) time after time :: vaqti-vaqti so'ng
(7) after school :: Maktabdan keyin
(8) the day after tomorrow :: ertadan keyin
(9) go after :: keyin borib
(10) day after day :: Har kuni
1. later ::
2. behind ::
3. following ::
4. behind ::
5. because of ::
6. despite ::
7. in pursuit of ::
8. in search of ::
9. about ::
10. in honor of ::
1. ahead ::
2. before ::
3. beforehand ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
After that, I will leave for Winterfell.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 5
I discovered it AFTER spending
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 2
That is my hope
AFTER I kill him.
Vikings Season 1, Episode 6
Yeah, she's definitely
going AFTER Sheldon.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 24
and would be here for thousands of years
AFTER I was dead.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 10
English to Uzbek Dictionary: after
Meaning and definitions of after, translation in Uzbek language for after with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of after in Uzbek and in English language.
Tags for the entry "after"
What after means in Uzbek, after meaning in Uzbek, after definition, examples and pronunciation of after in Uzbek language.