Noun(1) a discussion in which reasons are advanced for and against some proposition or proposal(2) the formal presentation of a stated proposition and the opposition to it (usually followed by a vote
Verb(1) argue with one another(2) think about carefully; weigh(3) discuss the pros and cons of an issue(4) have an argument about something
(1) Adverts on television and in newspapers were designed to begin the public debate about the assembly.(2) Now the great debate on smoking in public spaces is coming to Manchester.(3) In the key parliamentary debate on Tuesday he voted in support of the war.(4) In yesterday's debate , Mr Wicks acknowledged the " complexity " of the problems facing former mining areas.(5) to encourage debate on sth(6) The debate on this subject will go on as long as the human race exists, so all I can do is raise a few points on the subject.(7) The book, published in 1999, sparked considerable public debate .(8) there was some debate whether the amendment is valid or not(9) Whether civil servants should wear a uniform is still a matter of public debate .(10) there has been much debate about prices(11) This aspect of the debate has been the subject of much political and academic disagreement.(12) A vigorous debate is raging over the economic growth estimates.(13) He hoped MPs would be able to debate the issue and persuade the government to change its stance.(14) They also called for a debate on the subject to be held in the European Parliament.(15) In those circumstances the House does not need to hold an urgent debate on the matter today.(16) The subject that dominates the debate about the new car is of course the styling.
(1) to debate :: muhokama qilish
(2) public debate :: umumiy bahslar
1. discussion ::
2. public debate ::
3. argumentation ::
4. discuss ::
5. consider ::
6. moot ::
7. deliberate ::
8. contend ::
debate, debated, debates, debating
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
you're taking your family's side
in this DEBATE.
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 6
Yeah, we're bringing everything. So--
This is not up for DEBATE, okay?
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 4
- Excuse me, this whole idea's insane.
- Enough DEBATE. I'm going to take action.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 3
...the result of extensive DEBATE
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 7
...in a DEBATE in the DC Comics Batman
chat room, and I need your help.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 20
English to Uzbek Dictionary: debate
Meaning and definitions of debate, translation in Uzbek language for debate with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of debate in Uzbek and in English language.
Tags for the entry "debate"
What debate means in Uzbek, debate meaning in Uzbek, debate definition, examples and pronunciation of debate in Uzbek language.