jiddiy, muhim, xavfli
Adjective(1) concerned with work or important matters rather than play or trivialities(2) of great consequence(3) causing fear or anxiety by threatening great harm(4) appealing to the mind(5) completely lacking in playfulness(6) requiring effort or concentration; complex and not easy to answer or solve
(1) If the Government is serious about disaster preparedness, it is going to have to start with the fundamentals.(2) There is an error in the third paragraph which is sufficiently serious to warrant that I replace the copy.(3) Only 26 patients had side effects that were serious enough to require a dosage reduction.(4) If it was serious about a long-term commitment to Mitsubishi, then why isn't it willing to bail it out?(5) According to the experts, serious consideration of the unique factors involved is required.(6) If he is really serious about giving up, and is not just saying that to fob you off, he should seek professional therapy to help him to kick the habit.(7) It attempts to handle a serious topic thoughtfully, but ultimately fumbles it.(8) Name me a recent serious novel written about the experience of Black men in America.(9) Even before opening the box there's a feeling of quality and a serious amount of weight!(10) Her mother became very serious for a moment, her hands tightening on Jessie's shoulders.(11) These are serious , thoughtful people who are not in thrall to the restrictions of old ideologies.(12) they were dealt a serious blow(13) it can reach serious speeds(14) The risk of serious complication was lower in those who had treatment for diabetes.(15) A serious drama should be like a swimmer diving into a pool and swimming to the other side in one smooth, perfect trajectory.(16) I'm serious about this because we are now looking at some accountability in a system.
(1) not serious :: jiddiy emas
(2) very serious :: juda jiddiy
(3) be serious :: jiddiy bo'lishi
(4) serious illness :: jiddiy kasallik
(5) get serious :: jiddiy olish
(6) serious problem :: jiddiy muammo
(7) serious damage :: jiddiy zarar
(8) too serious :: juda jiddiy
(9) dead serious :: o'lik jiddiy
1. solemn ::
2. important ::
3. careful ::
4. intellectual ::
5. severe ::
6. in earnest ::
7. sober ::
8. good ::
9. grave ::
1. facetious ::
2. flip ::
3. flippant ::
4. humorous ::
5. jocular ::
6. playful ::
serious, seriously, seriousness
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
You know, if you're really
SERIOUS about that,
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 24
Amy, were you SERIOUS
about being able to serve?
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 19
And to prove how SERIOUS I am about us,
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 5
a fugue state
is a very SERIOUS event.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 3
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 20
English to Uzbek Dictionary: serious
Meaning and definitions of serious, translation in Uzbek language for serious with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of serious in Uzbek and in English language.
Tags for the entry "serious"
What serious means in Uzbek, serious meaning in Uzbek, serious definition, examples and pronunciation of serious in Uzbek language.